About Me

My photo
I am a neo-Victorian Steampunk Goth. I am a professional seamstress working in Las Vegas at "Le Reve," and an avid knitter. My friend and I have recently launched a podcast about Las Vegas, Knitting, and our educational experiences with both. My Ravelry username is RedQueen. Come friend me!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Viva!

So I had a pretty much fantastic day today. I bought wool and went to a tea party!!!!

I drove over to Knit Las Vegas and got a skein of Cascade 220 worsted weight wool in white (8505), which I will use to knit swatches for the TKGA Masters Level 1 Program, and a skein of Cascade 220 Superwash in colorway 809 (which is a primary red) for the sheep's crown. What sheep? What crown? Oh, right, you don't know me at all.

My handle is RedQueen, and I live in Las Vegas. Woo-hoo! I am a knitter (among other things), and recently, I found out about The Knitting Guild Association. This is the biggest fiber guild for knitters in the United States. I am a member of the Guild, which just tickles me to death. What is it Groucho said? "I would not care to belong to any club that would have me as a member." In this case, I find it really cool that my hobby is "legitimized" by the sheer numbers of Guild members. The coolest thing that TKGA offers is a correspondence program wherein its members can become Master Knitters. This is a very prestigious title in the knitting community, and one I will be proud to wear. I just received my package via .pdf email with the instructions for Level 1, and I can't wait to start! So, I went to one of my Local Yarn Stores (LYS) to get the wool I need.

"What does this have to do with sheep, other than the wool factor?"

Well, I am designing a stuffed toy. It is a sheep, and the pattern will be available for download from our Etsy store after I get it pattern tested. The sheep is part of the podcast that my friend MaddieHatter and I have started. As you might be able to guess: The sheep will be our avatars. So, mine needs a red crown. And hers needs a top hat. So I got some red wool, too.

I've never blogged before, other than writing the show notes for our podcast. Which is at www.herestoewe.wordpress.com, btw. Our show is available on iTunes as "Here's To Ewe!" Knitters are so punny... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment