About Me

My photo
I am a neo-Victorian Steampunk Goth. I am a professional seamstress working in Las Vegas at "Le Reve," and an avid knitter. My friend and I have recently launched a podcast about Las Vegas, Knitting, and our educational experiences with both. My Ravelry username is RedQueen. Come friend me!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Category 1: Good Art that I Like

I'm not going to describe or explain any of the following images. I'll just give you the name and artist, and a website if available. You can do the research yourself. Why? Because better educated people with more time and a more extensive vocabulary than myself have already lauded these pieces, and I feel that my contribution would be unnecessary. So I'll just say "thumbs up" and let the pieces speak for themselves. (Oh, on a sidenote: I'm only posting images, since that's easiest for me. I feel that ALL types of art fit into these four categories, including knitting et al.)

If you would like more information on one of the following pieces, or the artist, please click the image. If the artist is living, I've linked to their official webpage. If the artist is deceased, I've linked to the Wikipedia page for more info.



(Uhm.... Don't know if you can tell, but my taste runs toward the gothic and macabre....)

No comments:

Post a Comment