About Me

My photo
I am a neo-Victorian Steampunk Goth. I am a professional seamstress working in Las Vegas at "Le Reve," and an avid knitter. My friend and I have recently launched a podcast about Las Vegas, Knitting, and our educational experiences with both. My Ravelry username is RedQueen. Come friend me!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Watching the Graph

I get a kick out of watching the blog stats for our podcast. It's really funny to see the line drop down, down, down, UP! when we post a new one. :) Thanks to everybody who has been listening and writing to us. We're having a lot of fun, and we hope that it's been... er... educational? for you.

So, what I knew would happen did: I started knitting the first swatch for Level 1, and I became addicted. I can't show you pictures in this post, because swatches 1, 2, 3, and 14 are drying on my blocking board in the office. Workshop. I have to change how I say that. I meant to take photos of the "before and after" being blocked, but I got too excited, and blocked 'em. So maybe tomorrow I'll post the blocked photos. Right now, I'm on pins because I want to answer all the questions that apply to them in the "Questions" section, but I have to wait until they're dry before I can measure them for gauge. I used a size (US) 5 Addi Turbo (insert Brenda Dayne sfx here) to knit these swatches. I think it's the right size for the yarn, considering how loose I usually knit. Anyway, I like the fabric density. It's really pretty.

I'm trying to keep myself from going crazy and knitting all the swatches all at once, since my goal is to actually learn something here. If I knit everything all together, I'm not taking the time to really understand what I'm knitting, block it, and answer pertinent questions about it. I'll tell you, though -- at the rate I'm going, I'll probably have the whole thing wrapped up in about a month or two, and then I'll have to shell out another $100 bucks to move to Level II. Not that that's a bad thing, by any means. Just spendy.

Check out our podcast, if you haven't already -- the links are over there <-- on the sidebar. Right now, we're up to Episode 6, and it's a technically heavy one. I hope I'm not leading anyone down the path of wrong information, but I've described things as they were explained to me. Fortunately, knitters are not folks to hide their disapproval. If I'm wrong, I fully expect (and want!) someone to correct me.

No comments:

Post a Comment