About Me

My photo
I am a neo-Victorian Steampunk Goth. I am a professional seamstress working in Las Vegas at "Le Reve," and an avid knitter. My friend and I have recently launched a podcast about Las Vegas, Knitting, and our educational experiences with both. My Ravelry username is RedQueen. Come friend me!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Swatch #14 Horseshoe Cable


I don't really think this looks like a horseshoe, but I can see why they call it that. OK: Swatch #14.

<-- Here is the swatch from the front side. I don't know why it photographed all wobbly, it's really pretty straight. This is the one that I wish I'd taken a picture of before I blocked it, b/c it looked as bad a newly knit lace. All wadded up and pathetic. Blocked fantastically, though! I used the knitted-on cast-on again, since it's a forgiving CO, and I've never done this cable. I referred to Vogue's Ultimate Knitting Book pg. 154 for a photo and instructions on how to do this. The TKGA instructions are actually better, but it helps me to see the finished product. I ended this swatch after pattern row #3 (TKGA instruction row 3), which is basically the middle of the horseshoe. I'd reached the required length, and didn't want to end it in the middle of a cable cross.
.
For this one, I used the Traditional Bind-Off, in pattern. I'm still not sure I'm doing the "in pattern" right, but here's how I bound off: 4k, 2p, 8k, 2p, 4k, and then the last st I did the little trick I learned. It looks good to me. Actually, I think this swatch looks better than the others, having fewer "holes" or uneven sts.
.
Here is the back for comparison -->
Again, I don't know why it looks wobbly in the photo, as it's pretty straight in person. Whatever. This is why you send the real thing, and not a picture.
.
This week, I need to weave in all my ends and label everything. I got manila cards to use, and I've got stickers to put on them, I just keep forgetting to print them out.
.
I've done the 1st question (wow), but have been ignoring the "write a paragraph..." question #2, as I am lazy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment